Intuitive Eating aims to reconnect us to instinct and intuition. Intuitive Eating aims to get you back in touch with your body’s own signals. No more rules. No more punishment. No more counting. No more black or white thinking. It's is about listening to all of the messages your body gives you and striving to feel good in your body as a result of your food choices.
As a licensed mental health counselor, I've helped thousands of people improve their relationships with food. I have lived experience as a person fully recovered from anorexia, bulimia, and orthorexia for more than 12 years. In this course I share my personal and professional insights as an intuitive eater to help you heal your relationship with food.
In this one hour introductory webinar video course we review material from the Intuitive Eating book, workbook, and my professional experience. This course is appropriate for beginners looking to understand intuitive eating. It includes:
- A review of the 10 principles of intuitive eating
- Common myths and facts of dieting
- Common myths and facts of intuitive eating
- Introduction to the 10 principles of intuitive eating with exercises and activities for you to practice in real life
- A 10 minute guided meditation to help you tune into your hunger and fullness cues
- How to start intuitive eating
- How to reject the diet mentality
- How to deal with overeating
- How to be an intuitive eater while on a restrictive diet for health conditions or due to restrictive lifestyles for ethical reasons
- How to find satisfaction while eating
- Specific steps to building a healthy relationship with food
- Access to my intuitive eating podcast episode
- 17 page packet with principle summaries by Tiffany Roe, MA, CMHC and Registered Dietician Paige Smathers RDN, CD. This packet includes journal prompts, research, and professional insights!
- Access to VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH THE CO-AUTHOR OF INTUITIVE EATING HERSELF, EVELYN TRIBOLE!!! This 1 hour skype video is on accessible in this course. You can hear the audio version in my podcast.
- PDF art printout of the 10 principles of intuitive eating!
*This course is based off of the book Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch & The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch. It is introductory in nature.
Tiffany Roe is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, teacher, speaker, and the owner of Mindful Counseling LLC in Orem, Utah. She passionately helps her clients remember they are enough. Tiffany has focused her career on treatment for women navigating eating disorder recovery, poor body image, poor relationships with themselves and food, substance abuse, anxiety, and low self-worth. She feels called to work with women and to help them find their purpose and self-worth. Tiffany believes you can love yourself, your body, and your relationship with food.
She attended Argosy University where she graduated with honors and received her Master of Arts degree in Mental Health Counseling in 2011. She received her Bachelor degree in Sociology from Brigham Young University in 2008. Tiffany is an award-winning teacher & speaker. She taught psychology courses in the Behavioral Sciences Department for Utah Valley University from 2012-2017 and only recently stopped teaching to focus solely on her counseling practice.
Tiffany utilizes Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy in treatment and believes a holistic treatment approach supports total resolution and healing